2009年5月13日水曜日

米国 USPTO審査官のぼやき

あるBBSからの引用です。

投稿者はUSPTO審査官のように思えます(状況証拠のみ、確証なし)

They do have the reputation of having a select few attorneys who will walk across the street and yell/scream their way to an allowance. I have yet to personally experience it, but I have heard it too many times from too many examiners to believe it to be false. Maybe my day is coming . . . I have heard several stories about ***** attorneys milking the clock during interviews to discuss things like whether an IDS is proper or not (for as experienced as ***** is, they cant file an IDS to save their lives sometimes), so there may be some truth to what the first poster said.

また別の投稿者が別の事務所の弁護士について語っています。

*** loves personal interviews and their arguments are not always that great. One of the attorney's from *** kept repeating that he actually read the specification the night before while he was chewing away on a piece of gum as loudly as possible in my face. I don't mind weak arguments but I do mind having a man-cow in my office. During another personal interview with ***, a different attorney was arguing with me that he understands that I want my count but that his client would really like their patent. I told him I don't see any need for an attorney to even discuss an examiners counts during an interview at which point he got quiet and started flipping through a stack of papers as if he had prepared something. My SPE suggested that I should start noting these things on the interview summary so that the client is aware of what actually goes on during interviews; I think that's a great idea and all examiners should consider it.


どちらも日本ではとても有名な事務所です。クライアントの大半も日本企業です。
もっと過激な投稿(first poster said)もありましたがここに掲載することははばかられるので割愛します。

0 件のコメント: